Monday, September 5, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook 9/5


Another uneventful week has gone by... contrary to popular belief, NOT having a crazy busy schedule isn't a bad thing.
"...and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you," 1 Thess. 4:11

 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!



For Today

Looking out my window
 11:52 am, sunny and breezy (gusting to 30) on it's way to 92.

I am thinking
 about Saturday, when I will be photographing my first engagement party. A paid photography job, thank you God! I just keep reminding myself of what John Wayne said: "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." They liked my work with the Theater opening, (see the theater photos, HERE!) and I know I can do a good job at their party, too!

I am thankful
For living in a place that has 4 seasons - I'm looking forward to fall! Spring is my most hated season - living in Tornado alley, spring is violent on a weekly basis and I get so weary of it, and I know every new season brings me closer to spring, but I'm going to let "today's troubles be sufficient for today" and not think about it until it's here.

One of my favorite things

Our Gunner came to live with us on September 4, 2014. He's been with us 2 years and he is just what our family needed. He and his "brother" Ranger bring so much to our lives!

I am wearing
t-shirt and jeans... bare feet, of course!

I am creating
More pages in my collage journal (glue book)


I am reading 
The bible study I follow (Good Morning Girls) started back up today after a break, We're studying the book of Joshua now. I'm very glad to be back in it, it is so much easier to stay in the word daily when I have the feedback and observations of other women to share!

I am hoping praying
for Rick to find a permanent job and us to find a home soon! (I know I sound like a broken record, but I also know that God is working in our behalf and I NEVER give up hope!)

In my kitchen
The propane regulator is still out, so nothing fancy or special... can't want to be able to cook again!



Shared Quote
"Visit many good books, but live in the Bible." - Spurgeon

A moment from my day
A Bobwhite Quail sitting on a fence post with a pretty, Kansas view behind it... we've been seeing them a lot this year!







5 comments:

  1. I am totally a barefoot girl too!

    The John Wayne quote is excellent... and totally true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was raised to never "stick your neck out", and doing something new (like photographing that engagement party!!) scares me, even when I want to do it, there's a voice in my head telling me I can't - so I remind myself of that quote often. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Hope you have a great day Saturday! Keep learning, keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your daybook, Anita! I have the NEW September edition up now and you might like to add your link.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!