Monday, October 19, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook 10/19


Been an interesting week...





 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!




 Outside my window...  
7:28 am, 54° with a 49° wind chill, on it's way to a forecast of 82°. I don't mind it getting dark sooner in the evenings near as much as I do it staying dark longer in the mornings... harder to get started in the morning when it's still dark so late!


I am thankful...
For my awesome husband - he turns 58 today!
Took this of him back in April, on our 30th anniversary

I am wearing...
Teal t-shirt, pullover grey sweater, jeans, thick wool socks

I am creating...
Should be done with the long vest today or tomorrow. Hoping to find someone to model it for me for photos. I have orders for two throws, both in the simple chevron pattern. I'm also about finished with a cowl for myself in the new Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick color - "Hudson Bay", it has all the colors of a Hudson Bay blanket, and I love it!

I am going...
To take Isaiah to school this morning, and pick him up this afternoon. Need to run to Pratt sometime this week for paint - want to get the primer painted over here in the RV before it gets too cold.

I am wondering...
How to "enhance" my concentration - I seem to get so distracted these days while I'm supposed to be working on my crocheting. 

I am reading...
Still reading the "Turquoise" book from last week - I am reading it slowly, a little at a time, because it's so beautifully written and I want it to last as long as possible.

I am hoping (praying!)...
Still for a house for us.

In my garden...
We've just given up on the okra, still harvesting a few tomatoes. I made a spaghetti sauce from our organic Roma tomatoes last week, cooked them slow with lots of herbs from our garden, and garlic... it was so amazing!

A favorite quote for today...

Found on the "Women Living Well" Facebook page this morning.
A peek into one of my days...
I haven't taken a photo all week! I do have a story from my day yesterday... Last night, the dogs somehow got the gate open on their pen and got out. By the time I got out there, Gunner had been sprayed by the skunk they apparently "broke out" to chase! Luckily I don't think it was a "direct hit" but he was still stinky - and once I got them both back in the pen my hand was stinky, too. Of course, Rick came home from work about 15 minutes AFTER the drama was over - par for the course. Ha. So the boys had to spend the night outside, and tonight when Rick comes home we have to do something about our stinky dogs!



One of my favorite things...

There are a few songs that are never far from my mind, my brain just seems to keep them in rotation - and several of those are Paul Simon songs. This is one of my favorites ---




6 comments:

  1. Oh boy! You made me feel like a kid again. Simon and Garfunkel music was my 'tween music. They're my guys. Thanks for sharing the link. I expect your cowl will look awesome. I love the Hudson Bay blanket colors. Best wishes to your husband on his birthday. Gutters . . . you made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome on the link :)
      We were given a Hudson Bay blanket after the storm, but it's not clean and I just haven't got it to the nearest dry cleaner's (40 miles away, lol) Crazy I've let it sit in that tote for that long, I really need to get that done! Thanks for the best wishes.

      Delete
  2. One of my fears is that our dogs will have a run in with a skunk...our neighbor had one living under their deck. I hope you were able to find a good remedy to get rid of the 'stinky' from your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 Qt 3% hydrogen peroxide
      1/4 cup baking soda
      1 tsp. liquid soap
      thats the best skunk smell remover for dogs - EVER. Paul Krebaum, a chemist for Molex Inc., published this recipe in the August 1995 issue of Popluar Science, and it was even proven effective by the TV show "Myth Busters". We proved it on Ranger last year, lol... I think it works best if the soap is blue Dawn.

      Delete
  3. Yes! I can't seem to stay out of bed mornings now! Through the summer I popped out about 5:00am ready to conquer my day...and now? I groan out of bed, make my husband coffee and pack his lunch, and crawl back under the covers. Fortunately I'm staying awake to enjoy devotionals while the kids sleep. Your husband looks a lot like mine! Beards! Don't you love em? Oh, no! Ew! Stinky dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love beards! :) I've seen my husband without a beard a few times, but now it's almost to the middle of his chest and I hope he never has to shave it off again lol.
      I'm slowly adjusting to the dark in the mornings... very - slowly. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!