Monday, October 12, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook - 10/12


Trying to soak up as much autumn weather as possible... this is my favorite time of the year!





 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!




 Outside my window...  
Cloudless blue sky, gusty breeze, 72 degrees at noon... absolutely BEAUTIFUL autumn day! .


I am thankful...
For Rick's job. Going without income for a season will make you realize how lucky you are to be working, no matter how humble the paycheck. .

I am wearing...
t-shirt, jeans, bare feet (started with a hoodie and wool socks, too, but it's warmed up nicely)

I am creating...
More than half way done with the long vest for a customer. Working with another customer on deciding an afghan pattern and colors as a gift for her mom.

I am going...
Other than picking Isaiah up after school, nothing else planned.

I am wondering...
When Rick's next day off will be - harvest seems to have started in earnest today. Grocery shopping is much more fun when he can go with me.


I am reading...
"The Anthropology of Turquoise: Reflections on Desert, Sea, Stone, and Sky", by the late Ellen Maloy. Her writing style is so beautiful... I think God's little practical joke for my life was making me born on the prairie - I believe I was meant to be a desert person.

I am hoping (praying!)...
For a home for our family.

I am learning...
Patience while being in "limbo" is a hard thing to come by on some days. I just want to have a place we can call "home".

In my garden...
We're getting tired of okra, considering cutting it all down. I am working on a cold frame to try my hand at growing greens through the winter, my frame is going to be very basic, so we'll see if it works. I've ordered an heirloom variety of spinach to grow in it as a trial crop, I hope it does well.

A favorite quote for today...

I believe that we are here for each other, not against each other. Everything comes from an understanding that you are a gift in my life - whoever you are, whatever our differences. - John Denver
A peek into one of my days...



One of my favorite things...

I don't know how many copies of this album I've had in the past... and now that I've got it as an mp3, I still listen to it a LOT... this is the kind of music my father's family played, sitting around the living room or front porch... I never really knew them well, didn't meet them until I was 23, but I inherited the love of mountain music from them in my blood. ---




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by from SWD..... and for the reminder to be grateful for our employment. Tough day today but your post makes me remember to be thankful for what God has provided. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it's definitely easier than others! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm in limbo as well (pastor's wife with a husband in between churches) so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your husband finds the church God wants him in soon!
      My husband and I have lived in a very old RV for almost 2 years now, while our teenage son has a room at my mom's house - there are some days I don't even see him! It's not a money issue, it's the fact that there literally is no housing available in our county - very frustrating!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures. My daughter has been out taking fall tree pictures as well here.

    Being in limbo is so hard! Praying with you for a home for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, I tried commenting on daybook day, but had itech issues with leaving comments fot several days. I figured out the problem snd wanted to come back to say hello. You've gotten a lot done on the long shawl already. That's amazing progress! What a great quote! I had never heard that one before, But I'm not surprised it's from John Denver. You are still in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anita, Thank you for you visit to my daybook post. I came to visit you, too, but had had tech issues with leaving comments. I think I have it solved. I'm sure the long vest you are crocheting will be stunning! Great qoute from zjohn Denver. I wasn't familiar with that one, but I'm not surprised it came from him. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!