Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook 9/8



Slightly cooler weather starting today, after a week of 100+ degree days... Labor day weekend has come and gone, and now we settle in for Autumn...




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!



 For Today...
Crocheting, and picking Isaiah up from school... vacuuming (the whole RV takes about 5 minutes, LOL) and my bible study (I usually do it first thing, but my morning routine got interrupted today) plus cooking dinner (sandwiches for lunch - easy!)

 Outside my window...  
10:10 am,  73 on it's way to 84 for the day, partly cloudy. Almost no wind whatsoever, which is very strange for this part of the Kansas. I'm hearing the dogs in their fenced in area just outside the window behind me, and the cicadas and other insects out in the trees. We had lots of rain last night, and the humidity is currently 75%, I'm hoping that drops as the day warms up!


I am thankful...
.For the rain last night for the garden, although it's made Rick unable to work corn harvest. No one is getting into a field for a week or so. I'm also thankful for that corn harvest job, and for knowing that God will bring Rick more work to do while waiting for harvest to start back up!

     **EDIT** - Rick's boss found ONE field way up north that got no rain at all, 
                          and this afternoon they'll be cutting! God is good!

I am wearing...
grey t-shirt, blue jeans, bare feet

I am creating...
Still working on the American flag afghan for a customer, I think I may have it done at the end of this week. It's turning out so pretty I may have to make one for us, too!

I am going...
... no plans for going anywhere, like most weeks... I'm sure my SWD gets boring every week, it's always the same! *laughs* my life is almost TOO simple to be interesting!

**EDIT** I forgot - I AM going to the homecoming parade on Friday
to take photos of Isaiah marching with the band! 

Looking down from a hilltop. Much higher than it looks here - those trees are all 40-50 ft tall cottonwoods.
                                                 >>>Be sure to check out my last post for
my favorite photos from last week! click HERE<<<  

I am wondering...
How cold this winter is going to be. All the signs are pointing towards a very cold one. We've already had mice coming into the RV, the quail started coveying up early, the deer are getting thicker coats early this year, even the muskrats are building their homes bigger and thicker. 

I am reading...
Just my daily bible study. We started the book of Acts yesterday.

I am hoping (praying!)...
For that home I know God has planned for us, and for Rick's corn harvest job to turn into a full time job! Doesn't pay that well, but it's steady.

I am learning...
Learning... hmm, what have I learned lately? I guess I've been slacking in that department! Although, I WAS reminded in Acts chapter 1 yesterday that all decisions should be made after much prayer, so that's sort of something I've "re-learned"!

In my garden...
Still okra, peppers and tomatoes. The cucumbers never did make this year, and there were several other things that didn't. We're already making plans for next year, though!

In my kitchen...
Cooking a pork roast for this evening, with veggies. Rick suggested sloppy joes for later this week, (they're one of his favorite things) so that's on the menu this week, too!

A favorite quote for today...

"If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
A peek into one of my days...

Out in the boondocks on Sunday taking photos, and blew a tire! We stopped as soon as it blew, but the tire was ruined - looks like we drove on it a mile after it blew, but we didn't! Our spare tire holder is up under the bed of the truck, and a couple months ago someone stole ours from under the truck... and of course we hadn't replaced it yet. Called a few friends, no one had a wheel or donut that would fit our truck, so I called my mom and she came and picked us up. Rick later found someone to borrow a spare from and went out to bring the truck home, but we haven't got it fixed yet.

One of my favorite things...

We start almost every day with this song in our house.... ---




15 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with simple.

    I miss my okra. Think of me while you're enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad y'all aren't a little closer, we'd definitely share the okra :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the flat tire; just last week I found a screw in one of my back tires (while I was up near Yosemite National Park). Thankfully it did not blow - that is scary.
    Good news about your 'non-rain' corn field - God is good!
    Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A blown tire IS scary! We were lucky we were only going about 30 mph.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Love that verse! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a verse we all need to remeber at this time, I think!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I miss living in places with 4 distinct seasons. I loved the fall and harvest and going combining with my husband's parishioners. (He served in Minnesota and Montana and we had people who grew wheat, soybeans, barley, and corn.)

    It's funny that you're talking about working on an American flag afghan because I'm sitting here crocheting a monkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I don't like "tornado season", which is what "spring" is here, I'd miss the seasons if I moved somewhere warm year-round. :)
      A monkey! Sounds adorable... I hope to do more Amigurumi this year, last year all my customers wanted were hats - and I got so tired of making hats! lol
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. This is the pattern: http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-Amigurumi/Monkey-Amigurumi-Crochet-Pattern-from-Caron-Yarn

      Delete
  5. Love your picture of the cottonwoods. Big cottonwoods all around me here too. We had rain last night in Hutch and it is grey and dreary today. I am not crazy about the approaching cold months but I love the four seasons too. I just wish winter was shorter!! Have a good week Anita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Isn't it crazy how winter seems to drag on for so long, and summer is gone in a flash... and Autumn - my favorite season - is gone even faster!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photo of the prairie. And the one in your sidebar is lovely -- your grandmother, perhaps? Such a sweet picture.

    I keep hearing about an early, harsh winter. Makes me want to hold tighter to autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is my grandma and I when I was about 18 months old :) She was the biggest influence in my life. Unfortunately she and my grandpa were killed in an automobile accident when I was 19.
      I wish Autumn lasted as long as winter seems to!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Hello,
    Thanks for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage.
    The Farmer's Almanac is calling for a very cold winter.
    Propane is super expensive. I am hoping we can get wood in before it gets cold.

    We're from Topeka, but we live in the Joplin MO area. Think big 2011 tornado that took out 1/3 of the city.

    I truly enjoyed reading your daybook. I wish my life were a little more boring right now.
    My husband has a restaurant, I homeschool, 4 H, church, and 3 kids still at home.

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your tornado... I live in Greensburg, the town that was completely wiped off the map in 2007 - so I know it well.
      We homeschooled for 3 years, I miss it, but our son is a sophomore this year and loves being with his friends - he's much more social than I am, lol... we have a daughter, too, who is out on her own now...
      The restaurant business is a busy one, sounds like you all have busy lives :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!