Monday, September 21, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook 9/21


God is so good! We are praising Him even more than normal today!




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!





 Outside my window...  
.66 on it's way to 85, breezy and overcast, but they say the sun's going to come out eventually.

I am wearing...
Grateful Dead t-shirt and jeans, barefoot although I'm thinking I need some socks on, it's chilly!

I am thankful...
That my husband walked away from this accident yesterday. He lost brakes momentarily coming down an offramp when the truck in front of him hit his brakes. God was definitely watching out for him. Rick was covered in glass, but didn't even have a scratch on him. He's pretty sore today, but praising God! The Highway Patrol and the paramedics told him he was lucky - he said "Luck had nothing to do with it!" We're also thankful that his boss was just worried about if he was ok, said he has good insurance and trucks can be replaced. He wasn't mad at all.
Photo from KWCH News - it's my husband, so I hope they allow me to use this photo on my not-for-profit blog.


I am creating...
Almost done with the afghan... here's a photo of the two pieces, still working on stripes then I'll put them together... forgive the quality of the photo, I took it with my phone,and it's too bright.
My next client project is this vest, and she's chosen the purple variegated yarn for it:


The pattern for the vest is available for sale HERE

 I am going...
To finish that afghan and get it mailed this week!

I am reading...
Just my daily bible study.

I am hoping (praying!)...
Still praying for that house, but most of our prayers today are praise and worship!!

I am learning...
I volunteered Sunday afternoon as an usher at our non-profit community theater, and it was fun! The movie this weekend was "War Room", and if you've not seen it, you really should... best movie I've seen in years! The audience was laughing, and at one point there was a big "Amen!" that went up, and when it was over the crowd applauded. Really amazing movie!

In my garden...
The usual tomatoes and okra, and peppers. Everything still producing like crazy.

A favorite quote for today...

Psalm 91:14-16 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” Psalm 91:14-16
A peek into one of my days...
Maximilian Sunflowers and a Monarch



One of my favorite things...

My current favorite voice in country music ---




6 comments:

  1. Anita! Praise God your husband is okay, and his boss is understanding! Luck most certainly had nothing to do with it, it is a God thing! I am so glad he is okay and I am continuing to pray for your family ( I need to catch up with you!) The afghan and the vest are amazing!! Mike and I really want to see War Room at some point, it looks great. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie! Thank you... God is so good :) Definitely see that movie when you can, they've held it over for a second weekend here and we may go see it again!

      Delete
  2. Praise be to God! Thank heavens Rick is ok; that looks bad. God is Good! I'm sure glad he wasn't hurt in that accident. And thank God for his employer that only wanted him to be ok. That is scary!

    My mom used to volunteer at the local Arts Center. She got to see concerts, plays, and all the other productions at that venue. She thought it was a great gig and did it for a few years until her health made her quit. Good for you for stepping out and doing that.

    Glad all is well at your house. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Volunteering was really scary for me, I don't do well in crowds of people I know, especially when I'm not sure about what I'm doing, but it was fun :)

      Delete
  3. I am very proud of your husband's boss for making your husband his concern after the accident. That is the proper response. I am grateful your husband and was not hurt! wow! you have a big crochet project coming up after the afghan is done! Beautiful vest. I saw the previews of War Room a while back. It's on my list to watch. aglad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your hubby was safe! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!