Monday, August 31, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook, 8/31


Some beautiful foggy mornings this week, and some cooler nights to remind us summer is almost over! 




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!




 
Sunday morning's foggy reflection on the lake


 Outside my window...  
.
93 degrees with a 24% humidity, wind gusting to 30 mph (which is an average "breeze" here lol)

I am thankful...
.
For Rick being sought after for several jobs this week, and corn harvest coming up - and for the time we get to spend together because we both sort of set out own hours.


I am wearing...

tie-dyed Grateful Dead Bears t-shirt, blue jeans, bare feet

I am creating...

working on the American flag throw for a customer - it's coming along nicely. I'll post a work-in-progress photo next week, although it may be done by next week.

I am going...

... to get my fall cleaning underway before we have to wrap the RV in tarps for the winter - for the winter months, we can't even open a window. (See my last post for more of an explanation of that, plus some new photos! Link HERE)

I am wondering...

What God has planned for us next! Always something new in the works, whether it's a new temp job for Rick or something that might come up for me, or a new opportunity for Isaiah - or even our new home!

I am reading...

Nothing this week, concentrating on getting that afghan done. I've been watching some great movies while crocheting though - "A River Runs Through It", "The Magic of Ordinary Days", the "Sarah Plain and Tall" series, and the "Love Comes Softly" series, "The Jazz Singer", and "The Goodbye Girl".

I am hoping (praying!)...

For that home God has waiting for us, in His timing.

I am learning...

More things about photography this week.

In my garden...

Rick took okra to the farmer's market this past week from the garden - and we're already planning next year's garden, hoping it's on our own ground!


A favorite quote for today...

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

A peek into one of my days...

Friday Night's Sunset


One of my favorite things...





6 comments:

  1. If this comment goes through a couple times, I'm so sorry. Accidently signed out and had to sign in to my google account and wasn't sure if the comment stuck.

    That is my favourite scripture! Love the wind turbine pic. We have lots of those in Southern Alberta. In fact it's gusting up to 36mph right now in my city so I'm sure it's much more windy where the turbines are. Have never had okra! Isn't it fun to plan and hope while waiting on God?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lots of them in Kansas, too. I always have to laugh at tourists, holding their hats on in a stiff 50 mph Kansas "breeze" - the most asked question around here is "Does the wind always blow like this?" and the answer is usually, "No, sometimes it's worse." LOL
      Because we have total trust in God's provision, it IS fun to wait for what He's going to bring next :)

      Delete
  2. Those are some lovely photos, and I like today's quote too! It is always best to wait on God's timing! Thanks for visiting my Daybook a couple weeks ago, I was just giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And I hope you continue to join us at SWD!

      Delete
  3. I love this photo, so I stole it for my slideshow on my desktop. Thank you! ;o)
    Sweet music! Where do you find all of this great stuff?
    I'm glad that Rick can find odd jobs here and there. Keeps you going for a bit anyway. Keep the faith girl. You are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you're welcome :) and thanks! Kate Wolf has been one of my favorites for years. She died at the age of 44 in 1986 of leukemia, I can't help but think of all the beautiful music we missed out on.. I have music going almost 24/7 and read a lot about music, and I just pick up things I guess, lol...
      The odd jobs pay as much as some of the jobs in the area, so he's just as well off... still not enough to pay the exorbitant rent, I'm afraid. We'll figure it out eventually :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!