Monday, August 3, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook 8/3



It's been a wonderful Monday morning so far - hoping that's a good sign for the week!




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!



 Outside my window... 
84° on it's way to a relatively mild 92° with a 60% chance of rain after midnight tonight.

Dill

I am thankful...
For the job Rick has this morning helping with some concrete work - grocery money! Last week a man came by and paid him to finish up a job and that paid for the truck insurance, groceries, gas, AND Isaiah's fees for the new school year. Living like we have been, without steady income, has made us hyper-aware about just how much God loves us and how He is our provider, and not any job!
I am wearing...
T-Shirt and Jeans.... bare feet, of course.

I am creating...
Working on a hat/infinity scarf set in a nice cream color, eventually to be for sale. Made a couple beanie-type hats for my husband, he likes wild colors and having a new hat to wear every day in the winter! A crocheter's dream, really, ha!

I am going...
Going.. not going anywhere, haven't even been able to spend gas money on going out to take photos, but maybe soon.

I am wondering...
If we'll really get rain this week or the weatherman is just teasing us again.

I am reading...
Only my daily bible study... Started the book of Song of Solomon today. I did find a book to read online written in the late 1800s of an Englishman's experience in the "wilds" of Kansas. I plan on reading that soon.

I am hoping (praying!)...
For word on whether Rick gets that job he's been wanting.

I am learning...
Being mindful and living in the moment are necessary for me, otherwise time speeds up and I never know what happened to it!

In my garden...
All my photos on this post taken in the garden this morning. We're getting okra and peppers still, and small tomatoes, and the large ones are coming along nicely. We dug potatoes yesterday, and got a nice lot of them for no bigger than our potato patch was.
Okra Blossom


A favorite quote for today...
“It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict, God's job to judge and my job to love.” - Bily Graham


A peek into one of my days...
Busy Bee in the Sunflowers


One of my favorite things...
Finding songs that are new to me that I feel like I've always known...

From the board room...
From THIS BOARD who found the photo HERE - I want to make a sign for our home that says this!






15 comments:

  1. Living without a predictable income is definitely a test of faith! Been there, done that. We don't have that problem anymore, but now the income is less than what we were used to ~ and things were tight then already! So our faith is still being tested, and God's faithfulness is that much sweeter. Funny how it's easier to see when you're a little more desperate for it...

    It's nice to meet you. I'm on the prairies, too, but a LITTLE further north!! (like, up in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Nice to meet you - and I just commented on your blog, lol...
      We do seem to get complacent when things are good and going smoothly... I hope to remember that when our situation improves - I don't want to loose that knowledge :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. God is always faithful in the ways He provides for us. Praying you get the news soon about the job!!

    I love that sign you posted, I may have to make one for my home. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful miracle to have gotten paid enough to take care of the insurance and the school fees, groceries and gas! That's awesome. I hope Rick gets the job he's been wanting, too. I will keep you all in my prayers. Rhank you for sharing the music, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After my husband died last year and our income became less than half what it had been we learned to appreciate how we spent our money. I hear you, girl! I will keep your family in my prayers. Especially that your hubby finds a job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, love the sign you want for your house...very inviting and welcoming to go/be someplace where you can "be yourself"! And, it is so awesome that you are able to grow some of your own veggies!

    My youngest daughter and her husband are living on faith! She is a music teacher with 3 children under 4 years old...she quit her teaching job after the 3rd to stay home with the kids; but teaches piano lessons "on the side". Her husband is an artist who taught elementary school for 1 or 2 years. Wanting to PAINT, he quit HIS paying job - all on faith adn the belief that they were following God's lead! He now has done several summer camps for Art; taught a couple of classes at an art store; had several "showings" of his paintings; SOLD several paintings; had a number of commissions...and God only knows what else!! They have stepped out in FAITH; and God has "rewarded" them!

    I say all this to encourage you on your "journey of faith"; praying your husband does get his job...but also knowing that God WILL provide!!

    Thanks for sharing on Simple Woman's Daybook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story of your daughter and son-in-law is very encouraging, thank you!

      Delete
  6. What gorgeous photos! God will provide! Hopefully you'll see VERY soon on that job...My husband likes my crocheted hats too! I think I made 3 for him last winter! LOL It's good to have someone to try new patterns on and thankful for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think these bring my husband's total up to 12 now, lol.... several of them are a basic half-double-crochet hat in variegated colors he picked out :)

      Delete
  7. I pray your husband will get a job. I am old now and financially comfortable but I have very fond memories of years when my husband and I were young and struggled on a budget. Have a great week Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anita! Oh I so hoe your dh hears about that job soon ( and if not that one, then the perfect one God has planned out! but I am very encouraged about how He has worked things out with the job he has right now! I love your photos they are so beautiful ( especially the sunflower one). I am praying for you and your family and hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I am new to your blog. The day book is a great idea. We have been harvesting winter vegetables, here in Australia, we are in the depths of winter. It is good you are able to grow your own vegetables, that is helpful when finances are tight. All the best

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!