Monday, August 24, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook, 8/24


Chilly nights and mornings this past week, feels like an Autumn Preview!




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!




 Outside my window...  
61 degrees, 72% humidity, on it's way to 82 for a high... we're having a few days cooler weather and it's been nice! Makes it feel like the winter will be early this year, though, because August isn't usually like this. .

Mourning Dove in the beautiful light around 7:30 this morning

I am thankful...
That the little jobs keep coming in for Rick. Corn harvest is coming up, too, so there will be work for him to do helping several different farmers with their harvest. .

I am wearing...
Black yoga pants and a red and blue "Greensburg High School Rangers" t-shirt. I was a 3rd generation grad and our daughter a 4th generation grad of Greensburg High, but after the tornado the new school was a consolidation of the whole county and got a new name and mascot, so the Greensburg Rangers are no more. *sigh*.

I am creating...
An American Flag throw-sized afghan for a customer. She hasn't actually said that she definitely wants it, but it will sure look nice in our home if she doesn't! The good thing about most of what I make, it's not a problem if the customer doesn't end up wanting it.
Posted my last week's "Friday Favorites" photos in the last post - find it HERE

I am going...
... nowhere that I know of. School started last week, Isaiah had a BBQ and dance on Friday night. Rick's jobs don't usually start too early, so he's been taking Isaiah to school. I'm such a homebody, I stay home as much as I can.

I am wondering...
If my favorite blog has a new post... it's there in my sidebar, "The Noisy Plume". I'll be checking that out later! 

I am reading...
Re-Reading "A Journal of Solitude" by May Sarton. I love journals and diaries.

I am hoping (praying!)...
For our family to find a home - we are dreading another winter in the RV.

I am learning...
Always learning something... from reading articles on better writing, (I'm hoping to get back to poetry and short stories like I used to write!) or on photography (ALWAYS new things there to learn!) I love to learn new things on a daily basis.

In my garden...
We've got a year's worth of okra already picked for ourselves, this weekend Rick will be selling what we pick at the end of the week at the local farmer's market. Everyone down there uses Miracle Gro and other products, our sign will proudly say "Organic: Chemical Free"!

A favorite quote for today...

You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. Mike Murdock
A peek into one of my days...

Through the Barbed Wire, just down the road from our place


One of my favorite things...

Enrico Rava had a birthday this past week... how about a little jazz today? *smiles* ---




3 comments:

  1. I hope you find a home!! Isn't our Kansas weather lovely right now? Crazy for August. When I worked at the nursing home in Inman I took care of a lady from Greensburg. She was in the tornado. Her name was Lola Sue. Did you know her? Sadly, I hear she has now passed. I enjoyed her so much! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is lovely! I just hope their predictions of an early and frigid winter are wrong, lol...
      I don't remember a Lola, although I've spent most of my life here, so I may have known her as "Mrs.So-and-So" lol... there were lots of people I knew that way :) So many of us are scattered since the tornado.

      Delete
  2. Still praying you find a home! Your photos are breathtaking! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!