Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook 8/11


Monday got away from me...(we enrolled Isaiah as a Sophomore yesterday!) so welcome to my SWD Tuesday!





 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!




 Outside my window...  
11:40 am 78 with 57% humidity, the taller grass is still wet, I just came from the garden. Almost no wind, a high thin haze, and the birds are singing.

A Fiery Skipper - but I also love the bokeh of the sky


I am thankful...
For people who know we should take care of the created (the planet) to honor the Creator.

I am wearing...
black jeans, grey t-shirt, no shoes

I am creating...
working on the same infinity scarf and hat set

I am going...
grocery shopping Thursday, but other than that - nowhere unless I decide to go out to take photos.

I am wondering...
How can people get so preoccupied with 'stuff' that they don't notice how beautiful the world is?

Last night's sunset

I am reading...
My husband's book, by one of his favorite authors, "Haunted", by Kay Hooper

I am hoping (praying!)...
Just thanking and praising God for always providing for us!

I am learning...
I can't think of anything I'm learning specifically, but just being mindful and taking in everything every day expands my understanding.

In my garden...
LOTS and lots of okra! Some pretty peppers, and the tomatoes are amazingly prolific!

A favorite quote for today...
I really just thought this was a beautiful visual:
"Let us dance in the sun wearing wild flowers in our hair and let us huddle together as darkness takes over. We are at home amidst the birds and the trees for we are children of nature." - Susan Polis Shultz
A peek into one of my days...

Blackbirds right before dark last night


One of my favorite things...

A tribute to Emmylou Harris and Gram Parsons by First Aid Kit ---




6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song you"ve added the link to! Thanks for sharing it. I love your photo pf the blackbirds. They look like shadow birds even during the day. Tomatoes and okra is a favorite combination of my granddaughter's. What a beautiful sunset you had last night. Pece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We love combining tomatoes and okra, too :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful world you live in and you are making.
    God bless you!
    Visiting from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all your photos!

    I agree with you: "How can people get so preoccupied with 'stuff' that they don't notice how beautiful the world is?" We are too busy about things that don't really matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so easy to slip into that "mode"!
      Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!