Monday, July 27, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook,8/3



It's been a while, and I'm just getting back into the habit of opening up again... it's felt like there's been nothing good to share, so I just went silent. I'm hoping good things are coming...




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!


Outside my window...
79° at 9:30 on it's way to only 97° - that's like a cold front compared to what it's been for the last few weeks! (sometimes reaching 120° inside our RV!)
(Morning, a few days ago... it was a very quiet sunrise, but the sky looked like there were lots of things going on up there)


I am thankful...
That no matter how thin my faith gets, I've never let go... when you get down to the bottom, your faith is all you have!

I am wearing...
T-Shirt and Jeans.... bare feet, of course!

I am creating...
Getting into "Fall" mode, planning projects to get crocheted for sale this fall.

I am going...
Going.. not going anywhere, haven't even been able to spend gas money on going out to take photos, but maybe soon!

I am wondering...
Where the home is that God has for us... I know He has a place planned, and it's out there right now!

I am reading...
Only my daily bible study... we started a week-long study of Proverbs 31 today!

I am hoping (praying!)...
Rick turned in an application last week that generated a lot of interest... he's waiting for a call this week - I'm praying this is the job for him and that God has a home in mind for our family soon, too!

I am learning...
I have to WORK at keeping my creativity active... it seems to be so easy to lose it in the day-to-day mundane things!

In my garden...
We're getting peppers, tomatoes, and okra... will be digging potatoes next week I think.

A favorite quote for today...
"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place." - Iain Thomas


A peek into one of my days...
A thunderstorm at sunset, looking to the southeast...
One of my favorite things...
Early mornings... time in the garden with my first cup of tea in hand, and my bare feet in the soil...

From the board room...
As a photographer, I am a very visual person. Pinterest has great "how-to"s, awesome recipes, BUT... for me... the best inspiration is the beauty I find from other people's cameras... This photo is from HERE at Roots and Feathers. It's on my "The Rabbit Hole" board. (all my boards HERE)





20 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am doing the Proverbs 31 study this week! I am very excited after reading today's post! I think I was deceived to think that I had to do all this stuff at one time to attain the status of a Proverbs 31 Woman!
    Praying that God will provide the home of your dreams! Good to see you back Anita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It's always been so intimidating to me - but then I tried applying Paul's words to Prov. 31, and that gave me hope:
      "Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14

      Delete
  3. Hi Anita! I am praying for your family, and know God has something planned that is just perfect for all of you! But sometimes it is very hard when you seem like are always "Hurrying up and waiting". Your photos are amazing, the first one seems like the sky can't quite figure out just what it wants to do. Sometimes, I realize that the most creative and beautiful things are in the mundane and every day. Taking the time to see it is the tricky part. Praying for you and your family!! I hope you keep posting on the daybook and have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) And you're right - there is beauty everywhere, if we just take the time to see it :) I hadn't posted on the Daybook since May (!!) and hadn't realized how much time had gotten away from me ;)

      Delete
  4. Love that first photo of the sky - gorgeous! I'm learning the same thing about creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quote!! It is hard to hang onto our faith sometimes. The world is a hard place to live in. But in the end it is our faith that will carry us through. Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your photos! I hope this job comes through for your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible photos! Did you say RV? Turning my minivan into a 2 person RV is something that I'm trying to do right now. Nothing permanent, but able to be done for a quick trip somewhere. All the best with the applications!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) We've been living in our RV for almost 2 years. The small space I like... the fact that it's old and not insulated I don't like, lol... we also can't use the AC. And a man obviously designed it, because there is a lot of wasted space! LOL Other than that - we love living in our "tiny home".

      Delete
  8. I'm not sure if my first comment went through. It seems to have disappeared...Anyway, incredible photos! You have talent! I'm doing a Proverbs 31 study with Good Morning Girls this week. It's nice to see how scripture impacts others...and strive to be Godly wives to our husbands. All the best with the applications!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The comments are moderated, so I just now ok'd them ;) But since they both say something different, I posted them both, lol... I'm with Good Morning Girls, too, and I LOVE it!! And you're right, it's awesome seeing what others take away from the scriptures! Thanks again :)

      Delete
  9. I'm sure your beautiful sky photos will inspire others to look up. Sometimes it's easy to forget that. Your quote does not give me the impression that your faith is thin. Like your sky photos, the quote you shared shows a rich texture. What will you crochet? No need to divulge. I am just wondering and it will be a great reason to come back for a visit. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) My faith isn't "thin" exactly, I suppose... but I find myself wondering "why" my husband can't just have a job, and thinking it seems like a reasonable request... then I feel bad for questioning God's plans.
      I'm using up some leftover yarns making hats and scarves for the homeless, then I want to make some Amigurumi toys, and some hat/cowl sets to start with to sell :)

      Delete
  10. Love the pictures and hope he gets the job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!