Monday, May 18, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook 5/18



I think this year the "April Showers" have been the "May Showers" instead! I don't remember the last time we had so much rain!




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!



Outside my window... 
 I've waited until 5:18 pm to do my post. It's been windy and cooler than normal, but bright and sunny... currently 68.

I am thinking... 
 About this weekend, it's Memorial Day weekend and there are lots of events planned here in the Burg... but it's supposed to be raining all weekend, so I'm praying it doesn't! Arts and Crafts fair, rodeo, car show... I also have my 30th high school reunion, which I doubt I'll go to.

I am thankful... 
  For these couple of dry days before the rain come again! It's been so wet here, too wet, I've been wishing we could send it all to California!

I am wearing...
light blues jeans, no shoes, black t-shirt covered in dog hair (I can never escape it! LOL)

I am creating.. 
 I am taking a week long trip in June with a friend. I usually make a travel journal when going on a trip like this, but this time I've decided to do a specific blog just for this trip, sharing photos and stories... I don't know that I'll be able to post daily while on the trip, but I'll create a post for each of the 6 days when I get back, and you can look through it all at once... I think it's going to be a fun project. I'll put a category for it in the heading of this blog, and maybe add other specific blogs to the list later. We're going to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, and if you've never been there you really should go - it's an amazing place!

I am going...
Nowhere in particular that I know of this week!

I am reading... Anais Nin's journals, I'm almost done with book 2.

I am hoping praying.. 

That the forecast is wrong, and that there will be no rain in Kiowa County on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday!!

In my kitchen...
My husband's family is German, and sauerkraut was even served on Christmas when he was a kid... tonight is one of his favorites, pork chops cooked in sauerkraut with mashed potatoes.
A peek into one of my days...


Last Night's Sunset at the Lake


One of my favorite things...

Isaiah's Yellow Roses

A favorite quote for today...

Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith 
- Margaret Shepard



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset!!! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thank you for popping by my blog :-)
    Loooooooooove your photos :-) Oh I got the doggy bed finished and posted a pic lol Buster rather have the couch .uuuuug LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! LOL - isn't that just like a dog? :)

      Delete
  3. We used to love eating pork chops and sauerkraut. The picture of the rose is beautiful and I love your quote. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We don't eat it often, but my husband still asks for it once in a while lol...

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunset! I haven't had sauerkraut in quite awhile. I used to fix it a Polish way when I was married to my first husband. It included grated potatoes, onions and some sugar. more of a sweet/sour but really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful week, visiting from The Simple Woman's Daybook page.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!