Monday, April 6, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook, 4/6


Such a beautiful Easter weekend! We were out in the country taking photos, and saw lots of beautiful wild turkeys - the best photo of them I'm saving for this Friday's "Finds and Favorites" post. Lots of signs of spring popping up, and we're so happy to see it! Looking forward to another awesome week.




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!



Outside my window...9:20 am, 57° on it's way to 89°, wind gusting 25+ mph. Typical Kansas spring day!

I am thinking...I'm going to do my bible study first today, my days aren't the same when I don't start out with it!

I am thankful... for the gift of Salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus we celebrated this past weekend! 

I am wearing...Long sleeved thermal henley shirt in a cozy oatmeal color (which I'll have to change later because it will be too hot.) and my favorite jeans. (bare feet of course, lol)

I am creating.. Just started a new light-weight baby blanket, and I need to wash and block the items for orders I have finished. Hope to have photos next Monday!

I am going...nowhere this week - staying home and keeping busy with chores in the RV and working in the yard and garden.

I am reading...Just my daily bible study.

I am hoping praying.. for Rick to hear about a job this week, and for this to be the month we find a home for us all!

In my kitchen... Leftovers from Easter tonight, then pasta tomorrow... black eyed peas (hoppin' John style) later on.

In my garden... picked the first handful of asparagus from last year's planting!

A peek into one of my days...
We spotted several rafters of turkey this weekend - awesome birds!


One of my favorite things...

Old barns and abandoned houses!



A favorite quote for today...

Made this for my FB page, and yes, today is the day AFTER Easter, but this should be celebrated every day!





10 comments:

  1. Praying that your husband gets the call for the job!! The picture of that barn is awesome!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the barn photo! There are quite a few abandoned Acadian farms and homes not far from here, and I love to peek inside. I wish I knew all about the people who lived there! I agree the resurrection is something to celebrate and be thankful for every day. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I especially love seeing the kitchens... Thinking of all the early morning breakfasts and pots of coffee, the celebrations and losses.. People once loved these houses and called them home , and now the houses always feel sad to me.

      Delete
    2. Thank you... I especially love seeing the kitchens... Thinking of all the early morning breakfasts and pots of coffee, the celebrations and losses.. People once loved these houses and called them home , and now the houses always feel sad to me.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your daybook! Also, I spotted a jake the other morning struttin' his stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree with Benjamin Franklin, they are very majestic birds. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I agree with Benjamin Franklin, they are very majestic birds. :-)

      Delete
  4. "He Is Risen" I am happy to know that; and it gives me great comfort and peace. I love the turkey pictures. When I was young we used to go hunting and I was kind of like the dog who went a head to scare the birds out. However, now I don't like that idea at old. I do love old barn pictures and this is a awesome one. I am reading the New Testament right now and loving it.
    Easter was awesome this year for my hubby and me. Wishing you best on the job and the home. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sounds like some great memories. My Bible study goes back and forth between the old and new testament... Which is nice for me, the Old Testament can get a bit tedious at times. Thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!