Monday, April 20, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook 4/20

 A beautiful Monday after a stormy last week and weekend. I skipped a few posts last week, the weather had me on edge, and I tend to get quiet when that happens. Hoping nothing severe comes up for a while!





 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!


Outside my window...
2:30 pm it's 59 on it's way supposedly to 63. A cold front had moved through, causing all those severe storms for the last 4 or 5 days, and the cooler temps this week. It's bright and sunny though, and light wind, which is a rarity here! Really pretty day.  
 
I am thinking... 
Honestly, thinking I'm feeling a little put out today... it's our 30th wedding anniversary, and while we've never been able to afford to celebrate an anniversary other than just telling each other "happy anniversary" in the morning, I was hoping we'd be able to do something special this year, it IS our 30th after all! But it's just another day, so I guess I'll just be glad we've made it this far and go on.  
 
I am thankful... 
For answer to prayers, and watching God work!

I am wearing... 
My favorite turquoise top and black yoga pants (which I NEVER wear out of the RV, lol)  
 
I am creating.. 
Still working on the crochet projects, and I have a pair of earrings to finish up, I think I'll be sending those to a friend...  
 
I am going...
No where today, no plans until Sunday when I have a photo shoot to do at the opening of our new movie theater in town.

I am reading...
 Right now just my daily bible study, but Rick bought a new book that I'll probably read before he does!
I am hoping praying..
Still for Rick's employment, us to find a home, and also for no more severe weather!

 In my kitchen...
Several new recipes to try this week, including a yummy sounding one from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, for Cauliflower Soup, which I found HERE ON HER WEBSITE.

A peek into one of my days...
One of the storms, this one from Saturday afternoon.

One of my favorite things...
Psalms 91. It's my favorite Psalm. I won't post the whole thing here, but if you don't know it I suggest you look it up - or GO HERE to read it. it's been so comforting to me in all sorts of situations!


A favorite quote for today...



6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!! That is an awesome storm photo! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Thirty years...that is wonderful! I personally believe mariage only gets better with the increase of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      We were married on the day of my Sr. Prom, I was 18 he was 27 and we'd only known each other 6 months... people told us to our faces it wouldn't last 6 months, lol... I'd sure like to see some of them now to say "ha!" :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!