Monday, April 13, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook, 4/13



Storms blew through last night, hail, high winds, even a few tornadoes, but oddly enough they missed our county... we didn't need the storms, but we could have used the rain! More chances later in the week, so maybe that's our turn.



 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!





Outside my window... 
52 at 10:30 am, on it's way to 67. Cloudy, the average 20 mph wind blowing...
 
I am thinking... 
My knee had better get better soon, I'm going stir crazy having to stay down with my knee elevated, alternating hot and cold... late last week I injured my bad knee again, feels like another ligament issue, only lateral this time instead of medial. Hobbling around to get things done is not fun, but it has given me time to work on more creative projects without feeling like I should be up doing something else!
 
I am thankful... 
There was no reported damage from the small tornadoes in Kansas last night... This is why spring is decidedly NOT my favorite season!
 
I am wearing... 
Still in yoga pants and a long t-shirt... since I'm pretty much trying to stay off my knee, I may wear the yoga pants all day!
 
I am creating.. 
Still just crocheting, finishing up that last hat and working on this baby afghan... here is the pattern link if you're a crocheter!


 
I am going...
to enlist the help of my very patient hubby to get some more of my "spring cleaning" done, namely going through the winter accumulations of "stuff" - not that there's a lot, when you live in 189 sq. ft. you tend to be pretty diligent about not collecting clutter!  

I am reading... 
The bible study I'm following is on a "spring break" for a few days, so since I missed the first of the study I've been going back through the books I missed in the beginning... reading through Genesis and Exodus this week. I do a post every Saturday about the things I've learned in the week during the study, the links to the study I'm following are in my last post!

I am hoping praying..
This will be the week Rick gets a job! He's got more concrete work lined up for the man in town, and we've got a tax refund on it's way, so God's taking care of things in other ways for now.
 
In my kitchen...

Rick made chili last night for dinner, and of course when Rick cooks - he seems to think he's feeding an army, so we've got chili leftovers for tonight - but isn't chili usually better on the second night?  


A peek into one of my days...
One of the storms that passed us last night, taken from my front steps looking north. It was beautiful, and even more so that it wasn't storming on us!


One of my favorite things...
In the last week, my favorite thing was... We drove a couple of hours south and east on Friday, to the home of a woman who I've been friends with for years online, but had never met in person. She and her husband had some fencing they wanted to get rid of, and we needed it for a dog pen, so it was a perfect time... and we had so much fun! We spent most of the day there, and I sure hope we can go back again, soon.

A favorite quote for today...



2 comments:

  1. Chili is definitely better the 2nd night!! And that photo of the storm is gorgeous! Stay safe with any impending storms!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great week, too :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!