Monday, March 2, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook


NOOOOO... it's definitely a Monday... Google's Picasa had somehow linked my accounts to my phone and downloaded all my photos to my phone, taking a lot of space.... I was trying to figure out how to get them off my phone, since they were linked it wouldn't let me just delete them... in the meantime, I seem to have deleted EVERY SINGLE PHOTO OFF MY BLOG!!!!!
 That's going to take me a while to figure out what photos were where and put them all back! Ugh!
And the additional "kick me when I'm down"? They are ALL still on my phone! 

 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!


Outside my window... 28° with a wind chill of 19°... not bad for this time of morning compared to the last week or two!

 I am thinking... I need help figuring out how to get those photo albums off my phone - or I'll end up messing something else up!

 I am wearing... Black denim jeans, sage green Ducks Unlimited sweatshirt, wool socks

 I am creating...Have a hat I'm working on, and about to start a scarf for someone who wanted a scarf to match the hat I made for them a few months ago. Just finished this little hat for a 4 month old baby girl... the tiny ones are so cute!


 I am going... to Pratt today to buy groceries.... hate grocery shopping, but we're very thankful to have the money to afford groceries! Because of the oil prices, Rick has been laid off... could be days, could be weeks, we don't know... and when he goes back, more than likely he'll be doing a job that pays $600/month LESS.

 I am wondering...If smart phones weren't created to show how not-so-smart humans can be. *laughs*

I am reading... haven't been reading much - my free time is focused on photos and crochet!

 I am hoping... Rick can find another job, or something happens to help him continue the job he was doing.

 I am learning.. to be patient. (I could put that every week - anyone know what I mean?)

In my kitchen... Rick's a bit down about the job thing, so I made one of his favorites last night... hamburger steak with mushroom onion gravy and mashed potatoes. Leftovers tonight!

 A favorite quote for today...
"“We waste so many days waiting for the weekend. So many nights wanting morning. Our lust for future comfort is the biggest thief of life.” —Joshua Glenn Clark
Read this morning on the Becoming Minimalist blog - rarely miss a post there!

Hope y'all have a safe and blessed week!!
"The Road Home"
Some people may wonder why I took this photo... not seeing the beauty in it. But I think it's beautiful... could be because I remember how big the sky feels when you're standing where you can see for miles in any direction... how quiet the country is with a blanket of snow....


16 comments:

  1. Have a great week. loved your quote...praying your hubby finds a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your husbands job works out well. That hat is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a frustrating thing for Google to do to you! I hope you figure it all out and get your photos back in place!

    I love you pic you posted....I miss seeing country roads like this. I love living in the city, but miss the openness of the country I grew up in.. this road reminds of of my youth!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many benefits to living in the city, but I'd sure miss this, too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE the little pink hat; I can just see one on my little granddaughter...she is almost 8 months old!

    And, I also love the quote you shared! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  5. That little hat is so sweet. I agree with you about those dang smart phones. I hope you figured out how to delete the pictures. I once deleted them on Google + without knowing it would delete everything from my blog. Grrrrr....hope your week is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I remember what photo was where so I can replace them, lol...

      Delete
  6. Lust for future comfort...what a deep thought! Thanks for sharing your Daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading the Becoming Minimalist blog also, it's so inspiring, esp. for a closet hoarder like me! I'm praying that your husband finds a new good job Anita, I know how that feels and it's not a fun place to be. I know it may sound trite, but as the saying goes, 'these days too shall pass'...stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a minimalist married to a hoarder ("I can't throw that out, I might need it some day!" is his classic line, lol) and Joshua's blog has helped me help my husband keep things in check :)
      He's spent most of his life in the oilfield, so layoffs are a big part of that... the current oil prices have many, many people laid off, most of whom are in much more dire circumstances than we are. I'm praying that the prices come back to a "happy medium".
      Thank you so much for the encouragement.

      Delete
  8. losing all your blog photos - oh no - what a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moment when I realized what had happened I had this huge sinking feeling lol.. hopefully I can remember which photo was on which post and get them all uploaded again :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!