Monday, March 30, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook, 3/30


A chilly few days, but sunny. Rick's got the garden tilled (all 2205 sq.ft. of it, lol) Looking forward to planting, and doing more work on the "yard". Not much "officially" planned for this week, but the days sure seem to fill up with activities as we go along!




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!

Sunday morning sunrise
Outside my window... It's almost 12:30 pm, the Kansas wind is blowing crazy, 35mph+ gusts, with a partly cloudy sky... 68° on it's way to 81°!

I am thinking... The change of seasons seemed to come so fast this year... and early! Our winter wasn't nearly as awful as in some parts of the country, and I'm hoping our spring will be mild, too!

I am wearing... My favorite sweatshirt (Ducks Unlimited, sage green) and jeans, but I'll have to switch to a t-shirt soon, it will be too warm!

I am creating..Finishing up that hat order this week, and starting to do some art journaling again...

I am going... Hoping to get to Pratt some day this week to buy dog food and some other necessities we can't buy here.

I am wondering...How God will provide for us once our savings are gone (soon!) He always provides, and it's often just remarkable how creative He is in doing it! It may be odd jobs, or Rick finding a full-time job, or occasionally money in the mail... We work when we can, and thank Him for the provision!

I am reading...Just my daily bible study, for now (Good Morning Girls at womenlivingwell.org)... Today was Matthew 21, a reminder that God's Kingdom is given to those who produce fruit, which reminds me of Galatians 5:22-25:
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self–control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

I am hoping... Rick will find a job soon! (and I don't really "hope" for things, I pray for them!)

In my kitchen...I made my "famous" deviled eggs this morning, and there will be fried rice tonight, a family favorite, and beef stew tomorrow. Not much to use for a special meal for Easter Sunday but it will be marked in our own way, anyway!

In my garden...Rick planted cabbage yesterday, but we have potatoes and onions STILL to be planted, better late than never I suppose!

A peek into one of my days... My days have been a little slow lately, but with the garden tilled and ready to plant, and starting my "spring cleaning", it's picking up!

One of my favorite things...  this shot I took a few days ago, beside one of the local churches in our town...

A favorite quote for today...
"As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him." Mark 16:5-6
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
  



2 comments:

  1. I pray a job lands at your husbands feet!! Love that picture! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!