Monday, March 23, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook, 3/23


It was an absolutely beautiful weekend, temps in the upper 70s and 80s, and while the fact that Rick's been laid off is always in the back of our heads, we just "choose happy" and spend our time catching up on things he has no time for when he's working every day.




 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts!


Outside my window...Partly cloudy, 46, on it's way to 71 with a 40% chance of Thunderstorms tonight... spring storms always "try" to make me nervous!


 I am thinking...Of the work God did in my last tornado season, reminding me over and over of 2 Timothy 1:7. "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
Now whenever fear tries to get hold of me I repeat (to myself, and out loud) "The spirit of fear does not come from God, I don't believe it, I won't receive it." and also the verse, and the spirit of fear does indeed leave me. It has no choice.

 I am wearing...Greensburg Rangers t-shirt (the school mascot here before the tornado, they're now the Kiowa County Mavericks after consolidating) Jeans, bare feet - reminds me I need to repaint my toenails!

 I am creating... I have two hats in a 3 hat order to finish, then I have the cutest baby booties I want to make, and several baby afghans to start an Etsy shop with. Might as well try selling to the whole country and not just locals!

 I am going...To Isaiah's Honor's Banquet tomorrow night, I absolutely hate going... crowds of people I know are MUCH harder for me than crowds of strangers, but it's for our honor student son, and I'd do anything for him.

 I am wondering... If this will be the week my husband goes back to work.

I am reading... Other than my bible, and photography and Photoshop tutorials, I've been working my way through "Writing to Save Your Life" by Michele Weldon. I have very few memories of my childhood, and I want to write them all down, maybe it will trigger more, in any case it will preserve them.

 I am hoping...
Honestly, hoping for my husband to get a job, or us as a family to get a home is just too much expectation for me these days... I just pray, put it out there, and try not to think about it anymore...
 I am learning..More Photoshop things to create Digital Art with my photos...
song for the photo: "The Wind, Cat Stevens"



In my kitchen... A favorite pasta dish tonight, then no cooking tomorrow night because of the banquet... then stew for a couple days (will be too hot for stew soon!) and black eyed peas over the weekend... a pork roast in the freezer for after that, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it this time yet.

In my garden... Rick is "supposed" to have had the tilling done, we have onions and potatoes that need to get into the ground.. hopefully in the next day or two. We still have freezing night temps. in the forecast, so nothing above ground is really safe, but we do have some seeds started in trays... living in an RV with no garage leaves us at a disadvantage this time of year!

A peek into one of my days...
(taken and edited with my phone, lol... something else I'm learning to do...)
One of my favorite things...
Early mornings at the lake, when the water looks like mercury...


A favorite quote for today...

“You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” - Virginia Woolf
Hope you all have a week filled with wonderful moments!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you are having a rough time, Anita. I've been catching up with some of your posts and it sounds like lots to trouble your mind. I love that you are being creative, and I hope you do that etsy shop. The quote is a beautiful one...and spoke to me. Since my father passed away last year, I think I have done a little of that avoiding thing. I'm going to write that quote on my heart. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope work comes along soon...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...
      I know Etsy has a bit of a bad reputation, but until there's a better alternative I think it's my best bet...
      That quote always stops me in my tracks, it's exactly what I do... I avoid anything that scares me, or makes me feel uncomfortable... mainly people. I really have to step out on faith and live life more fearlessly!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!