Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Finds and Favorites 3/25

Kim Klassen dot com
(click the FF logo above to go to where Friday Finds originates, to see more posts!)  


I recently read an old post on a blog I had never seen before about the image that some bloggers put out into the world... of perfect lives, always sunny, hiding the sink full of dirty dishes or the fight with their partner the night before...


I never planned to do that. I've always written from a place that is probably too personal, and too revealing, but I've always wanted to be completely real, and whole, and that includes everything. You all hear when I'm doubting, and hear about our trials, and know when I'm feeling weak... but I think we help each other much more by being real, and being in the trenches together, not being above pain and doubt .. not by showing pity instead of empathy.

Having said that, I also believe one of my purposes in life is to show that happiness is still a viable choice no matter what is going on around you. No matter what you're facing, being happy is still a choice you can make, and keep making, as you're going through trials.

Rick and I talk frequently about how happy we are, and how miserable some people we know seem, even though they have jobs, homes, money... and we have none of that. We choose to be happy. God gives us that ability.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

My favorite shots of the week:


I've been playing with using my photos to create "digital art". This first photo is one of my "trials"

This wheat field in the receding fog reminded me of a Rothko painting.


I have never seen a horse that I didn't think was beautiful.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!



4 comments:

  1. Bloom where you are planted! I've never been one to hang on to feelings that were negative. Some people really don't know what to think of me because I can full on disagree with them on issues but still carry on pleasantly over things we agree about. As long as it is understood that we agree to disagree (I won't insist that they change their mind and they reciprocate) then we're fine. To much time is wasted on ill feelings. I choose happiness.

    Love the treatments you've applied to your pictures. Great choices. They each evoke a mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many people think, "I'd be happy if...", and put the burden of their happiness on other people, or things, or events... but if they would just understand that happiness is a choice you make in SPITE of outward situations, they'd be happy NOW.
      The last two photos don't have very much done, mainly just cleaning them up a bit, but the first one has enough done to it to make up for the others, lol... Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. You are one of the most 'real' bloggers I have the pleasure to know. You are also one of the most happy people I know, in spite of your outward circumstances. You purpose to be happy, to have joy. I need to learn how to do that. I do pretty good, then relapse. I need to hang around you, you most optimistic person, you.

    Love the windmill. I'm sending it to my MIL. She loves them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we could hang out! :) It's definitely not always easy, but it's always worth it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!