Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Finds and Favorites, 3/20

Kim Klassen dot com
(click the FF logo above to go to where Friday Finds originates, to see more posts!)  



I've been having a really rough week. Mentally, spiritually, emotionally. The instability of no income in the family, plus the total lack of direction as to how to market and sell my photos successfully... because up to this point, I've been very UNsuccessful... and then today.

Today is one of the most confused days of the year for me.
 For one thing, it's the first day of Spring. New beginnings. Green things. Should be a joyous day, right? Not so much for me.
 Spring in Kansas has another name... "Tornado Season". After the EF5 in 2007 I've been very wary of storms, and spring brings with it a sense of dread in the pit of my stomach that will more than likely be there for the next 3 1/2 months or so.

 Today also marks the day one of my friends, David, died. 2 years ago today, on a bright first morning of spring very similar to this one, I got the call. There are very few days that go by that I don't think about him, but today is even harder to get by than his birthday. Trying to focus on the beautiful things about him, the fun we had, and not the sad parts. So - today's Friday Favorite is one of the photos I took during a photo session with him about 4 months before he died.


For my Friday Find wanted to share this snapshot I took on this first morning of spring... male and female Canada Geese that we stirred up at the lake... rare to see them at our lake other than in flocks, migrating... this couple looked like they might be looking for a nesting spot. I'm sure our lake is too busy, they'll move on... but it was wonderful to see them!




8 comments:

  1. A beautiful photo on a sad say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have survived, thank God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... we lost our home and most everything we owned, but we survived, while quite a few people we knew didn't. It definitely left some scars on our minds and hearts.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry you're having a tough time Anita. They say money doesn't buy happiness - and "they" are usually slightly smug types who have plenty of it! It may not buy happiness, but it certainly cushions the bumps along the way. Your photos are lovely, and I've got my fingers crossed that something will come up on that front to help you out before too much longer. Sorry about your friend. It's really tough when you lose someone you love, and you're absolutely right to dwell on the positives of your happy memories. I can't imagine how awful it must be to worry about the tornado season. Here in London we worry about flooding, but happily don't get too many tornadoes. I hope you and your family stay safe. All the best and I hope things get better for you, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money doesn't buy happiness, no... but it buys groceries and electricity, and when we have none to pay the bills it does make me worry..
      Thank you for the kind comment :)

      Delete
  4. Sorry to read you had a difficult week ...
    and sad memories about the loss of your friend ...
    Lovely photo, so beautifully captured !
    Have a nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are having a difficult time. I had a dear friend die a year ago March 6. It is hard. The simplest things can remind me of him. It makes you realize what is really important. My heart goes out to you...
    On a brighter note... your geese image is wonderful. We have too many geese here in Ohio. They don't leave. I have no idea why. It is kind of crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!