Monday, February 2, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

In the beginning of my blogging days, back in the early 2000's, I participated in a link-up community at The Simple Woman Blog called "Simple Woman's Daybook". That community is still going strong, and I've decided to join in again.
I miss this time of really focusing on my week to answer these questions. Hopefully, it won't bore you too much!

  Outside my window... A bright, sunny morning, everything sparkling with frost. 12° with a wind chill of 4°, which is an improvement over the 0° wind chill when we got up at 5 am!

I am thinking...  Warm, summery thoughts to stay warm, and trying NOT to think about the one worrisome thing in our lives right now - trying to find a house. Spring is around the corner, and that means tornado season in Kansas... I don't want to still be living in the RV when it gets here! Mom has a small storm shelter in her back yard, but with her little dog, I'm not sure I could get both my big dogs down that little stairway into it at the same time... and I wouldn't go without my dogs. We REALLY need to find an affordable house with a basement!

I am thankful (and in gratitude)...That God has plans for us - He already has a house picked out for us and in His timing we will find it.

I am wearing...The "uniform" - jeans, t-shirt (pretty plum color), hiking boots - not warm enough in here yet to take them off ... and my big, long, frumpy grey knitted cardigan that I REALLY need to replace... someday.

I am creating.. Working on a hat for an order. I don't have the right yarn yet, but it is a new pattern, so I'm making it out of another yarn so I have "practice" on this pattern when the real yarn for it gets here.  It's a fun pattern, if you're a crocheter you can check it out HERE.
If you're not, I can make it for you!(photo is not mine, it is from that blog!)
.

I am going... To start that letter to my friend Sandra in Arkansas, come heck or high water! LOL I've been putting it off too long...

I am wondering... If Rick will be home early from work - in his job, he never knows how many hours he'll put in. Here in the winter the hours are shorter, 9-10 hours most days. I know less hours mean less on the paycheck, but I like when he's home early!

I am reading... One of Rick's books, a new one he picked up this weekend by one of his favorite authors, Lee Childs. It's more his style than mine, but I have nothing here I haven't read a dozen times already, lol... a new (used) book I ordered should be here this week, can't wait to get it - maybe I'll be telling you about it next Monday!

I am hoping... This day goes by fast - after having Rick at home all weekend, Mondays are usually very long, here by myself.

I am learning.. A new stitch with this current hat - I don't believe I've ever done the cross over double crochet before.


In my kitchen... Rick asked for Chile Rellenos for dinner tonight, so that's what we're having!

A favorite quote for today... "Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving.  When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape."  Bell Hooks (poster from my Facebook page, Wisdom Shared - link at top of this blog)




One of my favorite things...Old, rusty signs (old rusty ANYTHING, really!)





16 comments:

  1. I have a hat similar to that one. Good luck! Hope your week is filled with lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi, thanks so much for stopping by! I'm hoping the hat turns out well, it's been fun to work on :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Anita! Burrrr! I can't imagine living in an RV in Kansas this time of year! I hope you find a home soon. And don't all homes in KS have a basement!? :)
    That's a really cool hat! Can't wait to see your finished work. Love you place and looking for to reading more! Hope you day warms and goes quickly (mine too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful! Thanks for stopping by... in 2007 a tornado destroyed our whole town, and ever since then, housing has been a major issue. We know when the timing is right we'll find it, patience is just wearing thin! All homes here SHOULD have a basement, I think it should be a law, lol... ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are back to doing this. It is always interesting to see what your days are like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... they're not as interesting as they used to be, lol... I don't do a whole lot around here in the winter.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! I love linking up here every Monday; but a few weeks ago went to every other week...I am retired and was feeling my Monday's were pretty much the same every week (and for several weeks, I was reading from the SAME series that I finally finished...the Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis!

    I also LOVE that hat!! But, I don't do many hats - especially here in the spring and summer - Florida CAN be really HOT!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara :) Yes, it gets hot here too - 115 in the shade for pretty much the whole month of August, lol... I don't wear hats much, I do have one I made I wear when it's extremely cold, but I make a lot of hats for customers... and I love new patterns.
      The Narnia series has been one of my favorites since I was in grade school... still love them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Anita, I am praying with you in finding a home that suits you way more than you could even ask!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa, so much! We've been in the RV for more than a year... summer was fun, but winter? Not so much! :)

      Delete
    2. I cannot imagine it in the winter! When we purchased this property in the spring of last year we originally were going to live in an rv until we built. So glad we did NOT! But im sure you will take with you some very good memories of the time spent in it as well.

      Delete
    3. The summer was awesome, until the days got so hot in August it was 120+ inside (we can't use the AC because it flips breakers in where our electricity is plugged in at) my candles were melting without being lit! lol... but yes, we have some good memories here... we just didn't expect to be here so long. After the tornado in 07 housing in this county is so hard to find!

      Delete
  6. Hi Anita, Your quote resonated with me, I never thought of it that way. Best of luck with the house hunting, it's an exciting prospect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Siggie! We've been in the RV for over a year... it's a very real possibility we may have to wait until our son graduates in 2018 and move out of county to find a house, but we trust the timing :)

      Delete
  7. Hello, Like you this was my first daybook in a long time. I didn't blog much last year but I'm hoping to be more active with it now. I wouldn't mind hearing more about your life in the RV. I pray God sends you to the house he has for you before too long. You mentioned T season, I was trying not to think about it but its right around the corner. I have read many of Lee Childs' books.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself that after going through an EF5 in 2007, I can handle anything... I went through some horrible PTSD, but with God's help I've conquered most of my fear of storms. I guess I ought to write a post about the storm and then last year, how we decided to live in the RV, since I'm getting a few new readers who don't know those stories :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!