Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook on Tuesday

When the alarm went off at 5 am this morning the first thing I was aware of was an odd smell in the RV... a faint smell, rather like rotten onions. About the time I realized it was freezing cold in here was when I understood that the smell had come from the last of the propane being used up, just before the heat went out. 8 degrees outside, with a wind chill of about -5, and us in an uninsulated RV! Talk about waking up fast! Luckily, it doesn't take long to warm back up once Rick goes out and changes the propane bottle out, and we were warm and toasty with the kettle on in no time!


 Head over to The Simple Woman to see the other SWD posts from yesterday! (Seems being a day late is becoming a trend on my blog, lol)

Outside my window... it's all the way up to 16 with a wind chill of 3 now, and the sun is shining right on the sparkly, snowy world!

 I am thinking...Too many things going on in my head today to nail down just one!

 I am wearing... jeans, heavy wool socks, and a purple thermal Henley top with beaded floral embroidery around the buttons. One of my favorite shirts.

 I am creating... Spent the last week creating a page to sell prints and cards of my photos, you can find the link up at the top of this page in the drop down menu under "PD Photography". We're expecting another big snow weekend, so I'm going to be stuck at home again instead of out exploring, taking photos, but hopefully I can get out there again soon! I also have two hat orders to finish up today.

 I am going... Nowhere today until it's time to pick up Isaiah from school... I like days like this!

 I am wondering... If we'll be lucky enough that this weekend will be our last snow of the season... Usually our heaviest snow comes in April, but things are already budding out - an early spring would be great, as long as it's not also an early tornado season.


I am reading... Nothing at the moment... hoping to see if our library has The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami - a friend recommended it. I doubt it does, and if not, I may be able to order a used copy from Amazon and add it to my own library.

 I am hoping...  This day is not as long as yesterday seemed! The 12+ hours he spends away from home for work every day seem about 24 hours long...

 I am learning.. a little about marketing, and how to draw attention to your product (my photos!) and as always, learning more and more about photography itself.

In my kitchen... Soon to be a big pot of beef stew on the stove... we have it a couple times every month in cold months, but none of us seem to get tired of it - and every pot of stew is different, I never use a recipe or add the same things.

 A favorite quote for today... There were two quotes that caught my attention this week, and I think they sort of go together:

“If you let people break your spirit and detour you from your path, then you have not been true to yourself or those you're here to touch, those who believe in you.” - Allison DuBois

"You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks." - Winston Churchill


 One of my favorite things...  Stealing half an hour in the afternoon for a nap... feels so indulgent! I often come up with some of my most creative ideas in that almost-asleep-but-not-quite time I spend resting!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!