Monday, February 9, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

8:35 am when I start this post... just back from taking Isaiah to school. The dogs had us up several times during the night and I can't seem to wake up this morning... I'd better make the bed, or I'll end up back in it!
Check out the other ladies participating in the Simple Woman's Daybook at the source - The Simple Woman Blog.


Outside my window... 32 with a wind chill of 25, bright and sunny.

I am thinking...  that our refrigerator isn't working! There is the option to turn it from electricity to propane, but if it's not working on one, will it work on the other? And does the propane option even work - we've never used it, is it even hooked up?? Sighs. Why these things don't come up BEFORE Rick goes to work, I'll never know. He is pretty much out of contact most of the day while he's on the rig.

I am wearing... black jeans, black t-shirt... wow, that's sort of dark for a sunny morning. Maybe I should change.

I am creating... Sort of stalled out right now, waiting on ordered yarn to be delivered, and fiddling around with some other things in the meantime.

I am going... to edit more photos today, from the weekend. Rick and I spent half the day doing the "tourist thing" on Saturday, hiking around natural landmarks and things... had a lot of fun. We don't do "date night" with dinner and a movie, we do "date Saturday" with hiking and exploring and taking photos. Much more fun! (more about that in tomorrow's post!)
About 100 ft. above the floor of the Big Basin

I am wondering... If I can get away with taking a nap!

I am reading... Started yet another of Rick's books by the same author as last week. My book never came, and I went and checked and somehow I didn't finish the order! Must have been a Monday like this one!

I am hoping... That refrigerator isn't really having problems... an RV refrigerator isn't as easy to replace as a regular one!

I am learning.. More about my DSLR camera, and Photoshop. So much to learn!

In my kitchen... Fixing a pot of stew for tonight, and probably tomorrow night too.

A favorite quote for today...


One of my favorite things... Being spontaneous.. taking off on a whim, exploring, taking opportunities as they come up without thinking too much about where we're going. Usually if we THINK too much about it, we come up with excuses and never get around to just DOING it! We have always been free spirits, but as we got older we let the world influence us too much. I'm glad we're starting to get "us" back!


12 comments:

  1. I love your quote. That is so true. I guess it is why we should not wish away out 'todays' and enjoy every moment of them! I hope the refrigerator problem is solved soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula... hope you're having a great week, too!

      Delete
  2. I love date day's with the hubby! So ready to do some exploring with him, once the weather gets nicer! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither of us really likes eating out, or movies in the theaters, and this sort of thing is so much more fun for us! Hope you're having a great week, too! Thanks for stopping by...

      Delete
  3. Yum,,,, I am going to add stew to next week's menu. My family loves stew and it has been awhile. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think our family ever gets tired of stew, and I never make it the same way twice, lol... hope your week is going great, too! Thanks for taking the time to stop by :)

      Delete
  4. Seems many people on blogs here are desiring a nap today. Hope your fridge gets to working for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's doing ok... yesterday's prayers must have worked, God cares about our "little things" too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Anita,

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier! I wanted to come and give you a visit and I've so enjoyed my stay here.

    I do hope that the problem with your refrigerator is taken care of quickly.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you Dianna :) Yesterday's prayers worked, the refrigerator is doing well today, lol... hope your week is a great one, too!

      Delete
  6. Eeek! I hope you get your fridge fixed soon. Its a pain when its not working
    Stew sounds delicious...I think I will add it to next weeks menu
    Days out with the Hubby is always a winner
    Love the quote
    Great answers ...thank you for sharing
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lived without a refrigerator for about 9 months once - and yep, it's a pain, lol... yesterday's prayers worked, though, and the fridge seems to be doing fine now :) Thanks for taking the time to come by, hope your week is awesome :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!