Thursday, February 12, 2015

Our Saturday, pt. 2

After leaving the Big Basin area on Saturday, we headed north towards highway 54, intending to take it east to the road going back south again to Clark County Lake. As is typical for us, we got sidetracked for an hour or so by seeing interesting dirt roads to take instead of the highway. Lots of old abandoned buildings in Clark County, which I loved... they've all been torn down in our county to give farmers another acre of ground to plant. I miss those old places.



 Once we finally got to the lake, it was just as pretty as I'd remembered. The water was very calm over most of it, and there wasn't a sound... other than a group of crows, out enjoying the warm day.

There were other people there, camping, and picnicking... a man in a boat, trolling slowing around the shoreline stopped to chat a minute. He asked about the dead fish floating around the edges in places, Rick said it was just typical winter kill. The man in the boat and I both thought it was excessive for a normal winter, but maybe it wasn't.
I could have stayed there all day, the sun was almost hot, and the air was still and the energy coming off the water felt so good!

It was by far the best day I can remember for a long time... we hope to have many more mini-adventures like this one!





6 comments:

  1. If you promise me you won't get into comparing yourself to this blogger, because you are awesome!!!, go check out the photos on this blog: https://stealawaynorth.wordpress.com/ Stunning. Inspiration maybe? Loves~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out, thanks... my favorite blogger/photographer is in my blog links, in the right sidebar... The Noisy Plume... her photos are amazing, and I love her style. Unfortunately, she just lives in a much prettier place than I do, lol...

      Delete
    2. LOL... their photos are very similar! I just don't live in a very pretty place, lol... trees are very few and far between, and we have to drive quite a ways to even find a hill ;) And darn it - I have no people in my life who actually WANT their photos taken, except Rick, and I'm sure looking at him is getting old, lol...

      Delete
    3. 75% of the land within 100 miles of my house is flat,dirt farmland, no trees, hills, water... makes my job that much harder, lol....

      Delete
  2. Love the third photo! I'd love to live in a grand old home like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been lucky enough to live in very similar homes twice in our marriage... unfortunately, both homes have since been torn down.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!