Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Finds and Favorite Shot of the Week

Kim Klassen dot com
(click the FF logo above to go to kimklassen.com, where Friday Finds originates, to see more posts!)
My Friday Find photo came early this week...



The fog was drawing back, what I "found" was that it seemed to leave a bit of magic in it's wake, swirling among the trees.

A poem, by my favorite poet...

How I go to the woods

Ordinarily, I go to the woods alone, with not a single
friend, for they are all smilers and talkers and therefore
unsuitable.

I don’t really want to be witnessed talking to the catbirds
or hugging the old black oak tree. I have my way of
praying, as you no doubt have yours.

Besides, when I am alone I can become invisible. I can sit
on the top of a dune as motionless as an uprise of weeds,
until the foxes run by unconcerned. I can hear the almost
unhearable sound of the roses singing.

If you have ever gone to the woods with me, I must love
you very much.”
 ~Mary Oliver, 'Swan: Poems and Prose Poems'

________

My Valentine's Day photo and favorite shot of the week ... "Barbed Hearts"

I'll be working over the next couple of weeks on getting a site set up for selling prints of some of my photos... and I'm also working on a few other things... stay tuned for updates!
Have a wonderfully romantic Valentine's weekend, whether you are spending it with a lover, your family, or surrounding yourself with love by spending the weekend pampering yourself, I hope it's lovely!


13 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to hear you will have a site to sell your images.
    Have a wonderful Valentine's Day....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, BJ :) Due to the generous gift of a "real" DSLR camera, my photos are now high enough quality to look good printed.
      VDay is the last warm day before the arctic blast hits us again, I plan on taking full advantage of it, lol...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, especially the one with the hearts... what a great find! Loved your poem too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic capture with the hearts in wire ..... Great for FF. If you like to see another wire heart http://happy-hour-with-picts.blogspot.de/2013/05/montagsherz_12.html
    It's made of my friend Mary, lost her husband by a heartattaque.

    Heidrun .... Wish you a fine Valentins Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a beautiful heart... so sorry she lost her husband. I'm very glad you stopped by, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Your barbed wire hearts photo is my very favorite Valentine find. I'm happy for you that you will soon be selling your prints - and it is one I'd buy for certain! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will have the link up here, probably under "PD Photography" at the top of the blog homepage as soon as I get it "operational" :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Love this post and the pics...Especially the second one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for taking the time to come by my blog :)

      Delete
  6. Both totally awesome shots. Visiting from Instagram but I see we have Kim in common.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love Love the barbed hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!