Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Grace on the Wing


Watching the thousands of geese heading south this morning, something inside me is drawn out, long and slow and heads south with them. My feet feel heavy, my heart aches. My forever connection to wild things always loses out in the end, and yet it is my favorite part of myself.


I've left the door open, on this mild morning. It's been unseasonably warm for days, but there's snow coming... and those geese know it. Moving ahead of the fronts coming down. My second cup of tea is beside me as I sit in the doorway of the RV, the sounds of The White Buffalo's Shadows, Greys & Evil Ways playing low behind me, the sounds of the birds and the dogs and life itself in front of me. I am filled with gratitude for the life I live, the hard times, the good times, the stunning connection I have with nature herself. The geese were a gift this morning, an encouragement. God's grace on the wing.






4 comments:

  1. Those white birds with black on their wings? Those look like Ibises!! We see those alot here. I love to see them head South to the Island at dusk. Girl, your words, they speak to me. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those white ones are Snow Geese, but they do have the same markings! Thank you... I'm happy that someone else "gets" what I have to say :)

      Delete
  2. The other day at work, I swear, 5000+ Redwing blackbirds flew over, heading NE. Male and female. It was a sight to behold and I wished I had you here to photograph it! A huge, long line of birds for miles, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it! They do that here, too... certain times of the year, namely spring and fall, there are yellow-headed blackbirds mixed in with them... I love black birds :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!