Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday's Favorite Shot of the Week

Click photo to see it full size

There is something about rust that I love. It feels like history.

The wear and tear of years, wearing off the shiny, getting down to the bare bones... the vulnerability of something as strong as metal, slowly giving way to the elements. Man makes a thing, but Mother Nature always has her say.


_____________

This weekend will find us on an adventure, of sorts.
A friend of mine has 1250 acres in the NW part of the county, sand hills, prairie grass, trees... and Rick and I will be roaming as much of it as we can get to on Saturday and Sunday. The weather is forecast to be in the 50s-60s and sunny, so it's the perfect weekend for it!
My most comfortable pair of shoes is my trusty hiking boots, (if I have no other shoes, my closet is never without hiking boots!) and they're ready to get to work... I hope to bring back lots of photos to share.



3 comments:

  1. I love your profile pic. I'm glad you went back to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is when we lived in the FEMA trailer, lol...

      Delete
    2. I'm older now, I don't look like that anymore... guess I did look better back then, didn't I... :(

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!