Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Definitions


(Click on photos to see them full size)

It's a dark, dreary, drizzly January morning, and while it's not particularly cold as January mornings go, it may as well be.
Wrapped in a blanket, hot water bottle at my feet, one of the dogs curled by my side the other stretched out on the floor, I'm thinking about how the beginning of the year seems to be an awful time of year for me to plan the new year.

After the ups and downs and hustle and bustle of the holidays, I'm not sure I'm thinking clearly. Let me rephrase that - if there's ever a time I'm thinking clearly, that's not it.
It's now toward the end of January, when the holidays are over, things have settled back into a routine, and the realization of the new year has sunk in.
I don't have new year's resolutions, or a "word" for 2015. I do have some intentions. I want to write more, take more photos, expand my crochet business, and be more authentic.
Now there's a word you hear tossed around a lot these days - authentic. I tried looking through my Thesaurus for a less-used word. I came across "defined". That suits my intention very well... I want to be more defined. I want my personality more defined in my work, in my blog, in my life. I'm not sure how to define who I am, but that's what this year - and essentially this blog - is all about.
I hope you'll be along for the ride... pull up a comment box and introduce yourself!





8 comments:

  1. Hey! Nice digs. Good to see you again. You gonna write here more often now? Cuz I miss your writings! Loves~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) Yes - much more often here, less posting on Facebook, lol... and I'm hoping to get more photos done... this time of year it's kind of tough around here.

      Delete
  2. I love your winter photos though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing but sky... and grass.... sky... and grass... little bit of snow here and there...brown, and grey, brown and grey, and occasional white, lol... I'm running out of things to shoot!

      Delete
  3. Only thing I wish blogs would learn from Facebook would be to supply a LIKE button. That way when you don't particularly have anything to say but really like the post you could still let it be known. Glad to hear you've upgraded your camera. My camera is having issues. Not focusing like it should. Guess I need to break down and get it sent in. Write On! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A person here in town I didn't really know well liked my work so much she gave me the Nikon D70 that she had sitting in her closet virtually unused... thought I'd do more with it than she was. It was a very generous, amazing gift.
      Glad to see you here... thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
    2. It really is - and I use it every single day :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by... your comments and thoughts are so appreciated!